Guaranteed Availability Provision of the ACA (Affordable Care Act)
If you have small employer groups who don’t meet participation requirements, but want to offer coverage, there is a solution. Between November 15th and December 15th, 2015, there is a special open enrollment window where employers that don’t meet minimum requirements will be able to offer coverage to their employees. Take advantage of this opportunity to compare health insurance plans and write small groups that don’t meet traditional contribution and participation.
Important enrollment reminders for your employer groups:
- Effective date of coverage: January 1, 2016
- Deadline for completed applications and all supporting documents: Dec 15, 2015
- Employer Contribution on the New Group Application must be completed
- Write “Guaranteed Availability” visibly on the top of the group application
- Groups that enroll in this period will be subject to recertification at renewal
Be sure to consult your carrier's sales representative for important details and writing requirements related to this one-time special provision. If you submit a group under this special opportunity after December 15, 2015, carriers cannot accept it per ACA guidelines.